ADU Housing San Diego
We have floor plans that will allow you to increase the size of your home or add an additional accessory building such as a granny flat & ADA Units.
What are ADUs?
Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) are known by many names: granny flats, in-law units, backyard cottages, secondary units and more. No matter what you call them, ADUs are an innovative, affordable, effective option for adding much-needed housing in California.
What are the benefits of ADUs?
- ADUs are an affordable type of home to construct in California because they do not require paying for land, major new infrastructure, structured parking, or elevators.
- ADUs can provide a source of income for homeowners.
- ADUs are built with cost-effective wood frame construction, which is significantly less costly than homes in new multifamily infill buildings.
- ADUs allow extended families to be near one another while maintaining privacy.
- ADUs can provide as much living space as many newly-built apartments and condominiums, and they’re suited well for couples, small families, friends, young people, and seniors.
- ADUs give homeowners the flexibility to share independent living areas with family members and others, allowing seniors to age in place as they require more care.
- What are ADUs?
- New laws effective January 1, 2018
- Recent updates to state laws for ADUs - Includes webinar
- Technical Assistance Booklet - Includes FAQs and sample ordinances
- City and county ADU ordinances
- Sample materials from cities and counties
- Additional guidance
- External websites (contributors to Technical Assistance Booklet)